Monday, February 1, 2010

So Long Old Friend

This will be my last entry here at the Sparky ‘n Me blog. Our company car rotations last 6 months and I’ve picked up a new CTS wagon today. I’ve had fun writing the posts, trying to educate, pointing out some different locations in my travels. I hope you enjoyed reading as much as I enjoyed writing.


As I wrote in my first posting when I started this adventure, my automotive tastes are more in tune with say a CTS-V than an Escalade. But after 6 months and nearly 19,000 miles, I have enjoyed my time with Sparky. Recently we had to visit all of our dealership in as short amount of time as possible to conduct sales meetings about the recently announced price reduction for the 2010 CTS. The first week I drove over 1100 miles and spent 22 hours staring at the inside of Sparky’s windshield. I pounded the pavement with a smooth, quiet, enjoyable ride and in an economical manner.

The trick now will be to convince management that in order to maximize the exposure of the new CTS-V Coupe that we should all receive one as a company car. A real sports car equipped properly of course with a manual transmission. No slush box for me.

No comments: